At MagMag, we strive every day to build an authentic and iconic brand. Trust is the cornerstone of a great brand and respecting the privacy rights of our customers is an integral part of building that trust.
We take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting it. We believe that you should easily know what personal data we collect and use, as well as to understand your rights in respect of your personal data.
Customer Rights and Choices
You have the right to make requests regarding your personal information. You can:
- Review the personal information we have about you or request a copy of it
- Ask us to update or correct personal information if it is inaccurate
- Request that we delete your personal information
- Opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties for some purposes
- Object to certain types of uses of your personal information
- Make choices about receiving email marketing
These rights vary depending on where you reside. But we will make reasonable efforts to honor your request, even if your country or state does not require us to do so.
You may at any time decide to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. If your consent is withdrawn, it does not prevent us from processing your personal data based on other legal bases if any, such as fulfilling your orders and storing your order data as required by applicable law.
To exercise any of those rights, please contact us using the contact information below (see “How to contact us”(
Types of Information that Our Site Collects
Information that you provide:
In order to handle your purchases, provide customer service, improve our products, provide in-person experiences or events and send you information about our products, trends and promotions, we may ask you to provide your:
- Mailing/shipping address
- Billing address
- E-mail address
- Date of birth (m/y) or age range
- Clothing size/fit information
- Purchase/return/exchange information
- Telephone number
- Social media information (handles, profile picture, gender, age range)
- Product reviews
- Account or loyalty username/password
- Payment information (credit/debit card)
If you choose not to provide certain information to us, you may not be able to complete a purchase, or receive other services or information.
Information that we automatically collect from you:
When you visit any of our websites or applications or access we may automatically collect:
- Device ID
- Device type
- Browser types and version
- IP Address
- How you use our site (search terms, page views, referring sites, content views)
Other information we collect:
We may collect information about you from activities related to other PVH businesses or third parties like web hosting providers, analytics companies, social media latforms, data companies, and advertising services such as:
- Demographic information
- Shopping preferences
Information about your interests:
The information that we obtain from social media platforms depends on your account and privacy settings within the platforms and the platforms privacy policies.
Web browser cookies
How We Collect Information
- Information you provide to us, such as while making a purchase or signing up for a loyalty or rewards program.
- Information we collect while you interact with our websites, mobile or other apps, social media sites, and other products and services. This often involves information about your device such as IP addresses and MAC addresses, as well as information collected through cookies.
- Information we collect about you from other sources, such as credit card issuers and data analytics firms.
- Information we create ourselves after we analyze the information we collected about you, such as your shopping preferences.
- Online Order Information: When you make a purchase from our websites or mobile apps, we ask you to provide us with information about your purchase such as your name, email address, shipping address, phone number, and payment information.
- Online Accounts: If you sign up for an online account through our websites or mobile applications, we may ask you to provide your username, password, email address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, past purchases, or gender. If you connect your social media account to your online account, you will share certain personal information from your social media account with us, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information that may be accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your online account.
- Marketing Communications: If you would like to receive marketing communications from us, you may do so by signing up on our websites, mobile applications, or in our stores. We will ask you to provide your email address or phone number so we can send you marketing materials.
- Communicating with us: When you contact us about a customer service issue, or to make other inquiries, we collect the content of those communications, and any additional information about the method of communication such as phone, SMS, email, chat, or through social media platforms. For example, if you email us, we will collect your email address, if you send us a text message, we will collect your phone number, and so on.
- Loyalty & Rewards Programs: If you enroll in our loyalty or rewards program, we collect information such as your name, email, telephone number, or mailing address in order to track your rewards and allow you to redeem them across our brands.
- Credit Card Programs: In certain countries, we may provide you with the opportunity to apply for an offer of credit from a payment card issuer online. To create a more convenient application process, we may provide information from your customer account to a payment card issuer in order to generate a pre-approved credit offer and/or pre-populate your online credit card application with information from your customer account. By submitting a credit card application, you acknowledge and agree that MagMag may provide your information to the payment card issuer in accordance with the terms and conditions of the application. For information about the privacy practices associated with your credit card application, please contact the payment card issuer.
- Websites and Mobile Apps: When you visit one of our websites or use our mobile apps, we may collect your device identifier such as IP address or MAC address, as well as browser and settings information, shopping preferences, and information about how you interact with our websites and other digital products.
- Investigations: We may collect information about you in connection with investigations into fraudulent or criminal activities on our websites, mobile apps, and in our stores.
- Other Sources: We may also collect information from other sources, including for example, joint marketing partners, data analytics firms, public databases, publicly available social media pages, and other third parties we work with.
- Aggregated information: We may aggregate and/or anonymize personal information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose. For example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code.
How do We Use Your Information?
- To process your transactions and provide you with the products and services you request
- To provide, maintain, protect, develop, and improve our websites, applications and services
- To improve your experience on our websites and applications
- For customer service, including to respond to your inquiries and requests
- To communicate with you about our and third-party products and services, in accordance with applicable laws and with your consent where required
- To analyze and learn about consumer trends and interests
- To learn about the devices, you use to access our websites, applications and other online services
- To personalize the content, you see on our websites and applications
- To administer contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other promotions
- To maintain your reward or loyalty program memberships
- To provide you with communications, recommendations, ads, and other information of interest to you, including via interest-based advertising based on your online activities on our websites, applications and other online services
- To maintain our community programs and focus groups
- To protect our rights, as well as yours and others
- To comply with our legal obligations
- Conduct checks to identify you and verify your identity
- Send you marketing communications – with your prior consent
- Provide you after-sale services
- Detect any fraudulent or illegal activity, including to secure your transactions by detecting and preventing fraud against you and MagMag
- Conduct statistical analysis
- Improve our products and services
- Internal record keeping.
- To advertise and market third party products and services (subject to your consent where required by applicable law)
- To diagnose problems with our servers or our Services
- To administer our websites
- To target current or prospective customers with our products or services through online advertisements served on third-party sites by third-party vendors, such as Google (subject to your consent where required by applicable law)
We may also use your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, where you would reasonably expect us to use your personal information for that secondary purpose.
How do we share your information?
We may share your information with our third party service providers that work on our behalf, including by providing or fulfilling the products and services you request, authorizing and processing your payments, performing fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, marketing and promotional material distribution, website and application evaluation, data analysis, website improvements, and, where applicable, data cleansing, marketing, promotions and other services performed on our behalf or on behalf of our parent or affiliates.
In addition, we may share or transfer information about you to unrelated third parties:
- When you engage in activities that are sponsored by third parties
- As required by law or a legal process, including investigating a potential crime
- When we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of MagMag or other persons.
- We may also share your data in the event of an actual or potential sale, merger, acquisition or transfer of our business or assets.
- We may use or share information that does not reasonably identify you with any third party and for any purpose.
Storage, Retention and Security of Your Information
Personal information that we collect, access or process will be retained only so long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected, as necessary for our legitimate business purposes, or as required or authorized by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made de-identified or anonymous.
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of data stored on our system.
We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect the information that we collect or receive, in addition to contractual safeguards. Our websites use an industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect your order information. Each payment transaction made through our websites and applications (or any successor or similar digital property) will be transmitted using SSL encryption.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline
Our business is not directed at children, and we do not solicit or knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Services. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
Cookies and how we Use Them
Cookies are little bits of computer code that collect data by tagging along with you while you browse. Most websites, including ours, would not work very well without certain cookies. They allow us to prevent crashes, display information, fix bugs, and ensure the security of our site (and your account). These types of cookies are often called “strictly necessary” cookies. Because they are needed for our site to work, we do not provide you with an ability to opt-out of these cookies. However, you can remove them by using your browser settings. Keep in mind that certain features of our site may not be available to you.
Some cookies provide important services but are not strictly necessary for our website to work. These cookies use information about your interactions with us so we can suggest products and special offers for you. If your shopping is interrupted, they remember where you left off and send you reminders that you truly deserve that new outfit. These reminders might be sent to you in an email, on social media or while you’re browsing another website or on another device. We think these cookies are useful and will make it easier for you to shop with us. However, you might disagree. If so, you can tell us not to use certain cookies by using the opt-out tools we have placed on our ecommerce websites. These options vary by geographic region.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
We use the following cookies on our website:
|Cookie placed by||Cookie name||Cookie purpose||Type|
– to keep MagMag.co session opened for 1 hour when the customer adds a product in the cart
– to store items stored in the cart.
This cookie is mandatory to access MagMag.co cart.
|MagMag.co||cookiebanner||For pages where the country and language code pair require a warning banner, this cookie will remember if the user has approved the banner. In the absence of a cookie, the warning banner is displayed for these pairs.||Essential|
|MagMag.co||has_js||Storage of boolean information.|
|MagMag.co||Locale-country-data||Stores information about country and language of visited pages.||Essential|
|MagMag.co||minicart_<website_code>||It contains minicart’s general informations, products quantities, global price, products prices.||Essential|
|MagMag.co||minicart_labels_<website_code>||This cookie got all minicart’s labels for the current store.||Essential|
|MagMag.co||minicart_products_<website_code>||It contains products links and pictures.||Essential|
|This cookie contains shipping method displayed in minicart.||Essential|
|MagMag.co||hos_wishlist||Stores products that were added by the user to the wish list. This cookie is saved when the user clicks on “Add to my wish list”.||Optional|
|GALX, GAPS||We use Google+ share buttons to allow the user to share content through Google+. These cookies allow Google to authenticate you if you share the site using Google +1 button.||Optional|
|GoogleAccountLocale_session||It contains the client language, exemple: “fr”.||Optional|
|NID||Personalises adverts on Google websites based on user requests.||Optional|
|Google Analytics||_dc_gtm_UA-<code>-<numéro séquentiel>||Follows statistics about site use.||Optional|
|Google Analytics||_gat_UA-<code>-<numéro séquentiel>||Follows statistics about site use.||Optional|
|Google Analytics||_gid||Stores information collected to be used for statistics.||Optional|
|Google Analytics||_utma||This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.||Optional|
|Google Analytics||_utmb||To calculate how long a visit takes. __utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site.||Optional|
|Google Analytics||_utmc||__utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site.||Optional|
|Google Analytics||_utmz||__utmz keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keyword you used, and where they were in the world the website was accessed.||Optional|
|Google Analytics||_utmv||The __utmv cookie gets set on your computer, so that Google Analytics knows how to classify that visitor.||Optional|
|Google Analytics||_gat||Monitors the query rate to the Google Analytics servers.||Optional|
|Google Analytics||_dc_gtm||Monitors the query rate to the Google Analytics servers.||Optional|
|Google Remarketing||CONSENT||Saves the most recent searches, users’ previous interactions with search results or the advertiser’s adverts, as well as the visits to the advertiser’s website with the aim of showing personalized adverts on Google.||Optional|
|Google Remarketing||DV||Saves the most recent searches, users’ previous interactions with search results or the advertiser’s adverts, as well as the visits to the advertiser’s website with the aim of showing personalized adverts on Google.||Optional|
|Google Remarketing||1P_JAR||Saves the most recent searches, users’ previous interactions with search results or the advertiser’s adverts, as well as the visits to the advertiser’s website with the aim of showing personalized adverts on Google.||Optional|
|AT internet||xtan||Measures identified visitors (Numerical identifier).||Optional|
|AT internet||xtant||Measures identified visitors (Textual identifier).||Optional|
|AT internet||xtvrn||Indicates if this is a visitor’s first visit on the website.||Optional|
|AT internet||idrxvr||Assigns a unique identifier for each visit.||Optional|
|AT internet||tmst||Records the creation date of the cookie (encrypted value). It is used to calculate how long the AT internet cookies are kept.||Optional|
|New Relic||NREUM||This cookie is only created in browsers that do not support the Navigation Timing API. When a browser supports the Navigation Timing API, a native interface can be used to determine navigation start time.||Optional|
|New Relic||NRAGENT||This cookie is created only when a token is handed out to an end user by the New Relic server.||Optional|
|New Relic||SESSIONID||The SESSIONID cookie is used to store a session identifier so that New Relic can monitor session counts for an application.||Optional|
|New Relic||JSESSIONID||Identifies the user’s http session and the user’s requests during a session.||Optional|
|Doubleclick (Google)||id||Allows to distinguish each user.||Optional|
|Doubleclick (Google)||_drt_||The _drt_ cookie is used by Social Ads. As a basis for all social interactions we need to identify who is the current user. The user identification for ad targeting will be done through this cookie.||Optional|
|Doubleclick (Google)||IDE||Saves and signals the site user’s actions after having seen or clicked on one of the advertiser’s adverts with the aim of measuring efficiency and presenting adverts targeted to the user.||Optional|
|Doubleclick (Google)||test_cookie||Checks if the user’s browser accepts cookies.||Optional|
|Doubleclick (Google)||DSID||Saves and signals the site user’s actions after having seen or clicked on one of the advertiser’s adverts with the aim of measuring efficiency and presenting adverts targeted to the user.||Optional|
|datr||This cookie is set by Facebook and it is used to control the find us on Facebook like box.||Optional|
|locale||It contains the client location, example: “FR_fr”.||Optional|
|reg_fb_gate||Records the first Facebook page visited. Set when a visitor is not a Facebook user or not logged in to Facebook. Tracks registration effectiveness.||Optional|
|reg_fb_ref||Records the first Facebook page visited. Set when a visitor is not a Facebook user or not logged in to Facebook. Tracks registration effectiveness.||Optional|
Please find below instructions about managing and disabling cookies, depending on your browser:
- Internet Explorer
Go to Tools menu, then Internet Options.
Click on Confidentiality, then click on Advanced.
In the Cookies window, select your preferences.
- Google Chrome
Click the Chrome menu, the upper right button.
Select Settings then click on Show advanced settings.
In the Privacy section, click the Content settings button.
Select your preferred option(s) in the Cookies section.
Go to Tools then Options menu.
Click on the Privacy settings.
Select Use custom settings for history.
Select your preferred option(s) on the Accept cookies from sites section.
Click on Safari, then Preferences.
Click on the Privacy tab.
Go to Block cookies and select your preferred option(s).
Links to Other Sites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interacting on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. MagMag is not a party to those agreements; they are solely between you and the third party. We are not responsible for their practices, content, or privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any third party services you access so that you know how they will use and share your information.
California Residents Privacy Rights
California residents have the right to request in writing, (1) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, e–mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that we have disclosed to third parties (including Independent Affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. In addition, California residents have the right to request that we disclose to them (1) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about them, (2) the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected, (3) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (4) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared Personal Information, and (5) the specific pieces of Personal Information we hold about an individual.
California residents have the right to have their Personal Information deleted, unless the Personal Information is necessary for us or our service providers to: complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer; detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity (or prosecute those responsible); debug to identify and repair functionality errors; exercise or ensure the right of another to exercise free speech or another legal right; comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, which compels the production of or access to electronic communication information or electronic device information with a search warrant; to enable solely internal uses aligned with the consumer’s expectations given their relationship with the business; comply with a legal obligation; otherwise use the information internally in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which the consumer provided it.
While MagMag does not receive compensation in exchange for sharing our customer’s Personal Information, we do utilize third party cookies, tracking technology, and other digital advertising tools that may further use the information we share with such technologies for their own commercial purposes. We do not sell the Personal Information of individuals we have actual knowledge are under the age of 13, unless we receive affirmative authorization from the consumer (if the consumer is between 13 and 16 years of age) or their guardian (if the consumer is under the age of 13). California residents may opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information at any time.
Californians can exercise their privacy rights by contacting us as specified in the Contact Us section at the bottom of our website.
We will handle requests under Applicable Law in California. When a request is made, we may verify your identity to protect your privacy and security. We will respond to written rights requests within 45 days following receipt. If we receive your request at a different e–mail or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 90 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer twice per consecutive 12-month period.
Our Services, including Costumer Assistance, collect the following categories of Personal Information: Identifiers, Characteristics protected under state and federal law, Commercial information, Internet information, Geolocation data, and Inferences, for the operation of our services, auditing, security, internal research and development, and quality and safety business purposes, collected directly from individuals, as well as from service providers on our behalf.